If you get a questionnaire in January, please take part as it provides vital information to help improve local services and inform national decisions. You can help by encouraging other people you know to complete it, if they’re invited. Look up last year’s results for your local practices and find out more about the survey
Still need to have your flu jab? It's not too late.....
We now have plenty of vaccine in stock and clinics are being held at a selection of convenient times and at all three of our sites - book online or call Reception to book on 01252 872333
For more information about this year's flu vaccination programme click here
NHS England launched the NHS 2019 GP Survey in January. If you get sent a questionnaire—please take part as it provides vital information to help improve local services and inform national decisions
MAKING APPOINTMENTS? HELP US TO HELP YOU
- Phone calls for all 3 surgery sites are answered in our Help Hub Office at Yateley Medical Centre.
- All Receptionists from all 3 surgery sites take turns working in the Help Hub
- Call 01252 872333
- Making a ROUTINE appointment? Try to call after 11:00am to avoid the rush
- Avoid Mondays when you can.
- Call after 11am for Test Results OR
- SIGN UP for Patient Online Access – see your test results and letters from Hospital!
- Making an appointment at the desk? You don’t need to go into the particular surgery you want the appointment at.
- For example - want an appointment at Hartley Corner and find yourself passing Monteagle near Waitrose? The Receptionists there can do this for you.
- PPG (Patient Participation Group) "Top Tips" for your appointment: "Top Tips" for your appointment with the Doctor
Newly registered for Patient Access? Temporary Problem:
When initially registering on the Patient Access website using the PIN letter issued to you by reception, you will find that the three surgeries sites are listed under the 'My Practice' section - DO NOT SELECT MONTEAGLE - please select either Hartley Corner or Yateley Medical Centre - either will register you with Oakley Health, which of course includes Monteagle. All available online appointments are viewable.
Zero Tolerance Policy
The NHS operates a zero tolerance policy with regard to violence and abuse and the practice has the right to remove violent patients from the list with immediate effect in order to safeguard practice staff, patients, and other persons. Violence in this context includes actual or threatened physical violence or verbal abuse which leads to fear for a person’s safety. In this situation, we will notify the patient in writing of their removal from the list and record in the patient’s medical records the fact of the removal and the circumstances leading to it.
We will try to help our patients however we can, but verbal and physical abuse will not be tolerated.
OHG Facebook page
We have a Facebook page now, where we will also post news and information about Oakley Health Group.
Please do visit that page and "Like" or "Follow" it if you would like our posts to appear on your newsfeed.
Free NHS Wi-Fi now available at Oakley Health Group!
Friends and Family Test (FFT)
The Friends and Family Test (FFT) is an important opportunity for you to provide feedback on the care and treatment you receive and to improve services.
Please click HERE to enter your feedback (anonymously).
As a result of recent studies (BMJ) suggesting best practice, the GPs at Oakley Health Group have agreed that we will no longer be syringing ears. If there is a build up of wax in your ear(s) please read the self-help guide
(Site updated 22/01/2019)