Oakley Health Group and the GDPR
Oakley Health Group has started preparation for the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25th May 2018, and how it affects the way that the surgery processes personal data, including sensitive health records.
You can find out more about the GDPR here:
One of the requirements of the GDPR is to provide detailed fair processing information - privacy notices - about all processing of personal data, and we have provisionally produced some draft notices. These are very much a work in progress and are likely to be expanded on as further information about compliance with the GDPR becomes available.
- You can view our draft detailed privacy notices here
- Our draft personal data breach policy (from 25th May) is here
- Our draft right of access policy (from 25th May) is here
- Our draft HHR Data Protection Impact Assessment is here
More notices will be created as data flows are mapped out, and ultimately all notices will be formally published on this web site before 25th May.
We will ensure that patients of OHG are made aware of their rights under the new legislation and that the surgery meets its responsibilities under the GDPR.
You have the right to both:
- Opt out of any of the data sharing schemes
- Opt back into any of the data sharing schemes
(that you may have already opted out of)
Full details can be found in our "Your medical records" section.